Sunday 28 July 2013

Perpignan star James Hook determined to force Wales recall

James Hook: Hopeful of Wales recall


James Hook: Hopeful of Wales recall


Perpignan three-quarter James Hook remains determined to force his way back into the Wales starting XV after a lengthy period out of favour.


The 28-year-old has not started a Test match since the 2011 World Cup and played just 22 minutes of this year’s Six Nations – but is still confident his form for Perpignan will eventually see him add to his 70 caps for his country.


“I just hope I still have a future,” Hook told the Rugby Paper. “I’m not sure what I have to do. It’s anyone’s guess what the coaches are thinking. Maybe I’ll get another chance.


“I believe I can still offer a lot. I’ve been fortunate enough to play 70-odd times which is a great achievement but it’s two years now since I last got into the starting team.


“I’m here if they want me. If I felt I wasn’t talented enough, I might think differently. I want to play for Wales again very badly but it’s out of my hands.


“You can’t give up hope but I’m not going to let it dominate my thinking. Perpignan are back in the Heineken Cup and I’m concentrating on doing my very best to make sure we make the most of the challenges ahead.”




Perpignan star James Hook determined to force Wales recall

No comments:

Post a Comment