Monday 24 February 2014

Rugby Union: New addition keen to make Titans impact

New signing Jordan Davies feels he will be a perfect fit for the style that Rotherham Titans play.



“I know the coach Lee Blackett and like the style he has introduced and I feel it suits my game,” said the centre who has played for Sale Sharks in the Premiership.


“I want to come in and play regularly, both this season and next and I shall be aiming for that,” explained the Lancastrian who, in addition to his Union time at Sale played in Super League for Salford Reds.


More than six feet tall, Davies has lots of potential and now needs stability and weekly matches having tasted the big time. His last game of rugby union was in March last year at Leicester Tigers,


He said: “I had a trial as a 16-year-old with Wigan Warriors and after school and college played a few times in the Premiership for Sale Sharks coming on off the bench. I also played Amlin Cup games and LV Cup matches and then switched to rugby league.


“Towards the end of the last Super League season, Salford Reds picked me to start against Huddersfield, Widnes and Hull and then I came on against Leeds.


“But I prefer rugby union, I think there is more to it. I like attacking rugby, like to make big hits and enjoy kicking goals. I watched Rotherham play London Scottish and like the style which Lee [Blackett] has introduced. Rotherham have a strong backline and Lee’s style suits my game.”


When he was on loan at Leeds and played in the Championship and in the British and Irish Cup, Davies appeared twice against Rotherham.


The Titans’ new signing also played at a decent standard in New Zealand for Waikato’s U-21s,so Davies has packed a lot since signing for Sale Sharks as a 17 year old.


Titans, meanwhile, face fellow high fliers Bristol next Saturday at Clifton Lane in a game televised live on Sky, kick off 4.45pm.


Article source: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/441165/Shaun-Edwards-warns-South-Africa-ahead-of-Wales-clash


Rugby Union: New addition keen to make Titans impact

No comments:

Post a Comment