Friday 28 February 2014

Rugby League - Briers set for Australia trip

The former Welsh international, who has been appointed as coach of the Wolves’ Under-19s will spend three weeks Down Under visiting several NRL clubs during the early part of the new season to gain an insight into their coaching philosophies.


“I’m going to be looking at coaching techniques, the way teams are run and hopefully bring something back to help me with my coaching,” Briers said.


“I’m really looking forward to it. It’s something I always planned to do when I eventually retired . It will be an invaluable experience for me and I thank the club for the opportunity.”


During his stay, Briers will spend a week with coaching guru Wayne Bennett, the former Kangaroos boss who is now in charge of Newcastle.


That was the path trodden by former Wigan star Shaun Edwards when he opted to take up coaching after bringing his playing career to end.




Rugby League - Briers set for Australia trip

No comments:

Post a Comment