Tuesday 25 February 2014

Mother"s cruel trick key to Rugby League success - Hull star Fetuli Talanoa

Two weeks later the young boys discovered she had only bought them one-way tickets and didn’t want them to return to New Zealand.


Talanoa was just 14 at the time and said: “I telephoned my mum to say ‘Shouldn’t we be coming back now?’ and she said ‘Sorry, I forgot to tell you they were one-way tickets.’


“I was upset when I realised she was serious and my brother Mark, who was 12, was crying and those first few months after that were really tough.”


The youngsters went on to live in Sydney with an auntie they had never met before.


Talanoa said: “It was hard because we’d left my other brother, four sisters and all our friends behind in Auckland.”


But at his new school, Talanoa met Wigan’s new signing Eddy Pettybourne and his new pal introduced him to Rugby League.


Talanoa, who had never been interested in sport before, discovered he was naturally talented and just a few years later made his debut for South Sydney Rabbitohs.


Article source: http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/208945.html


Mother"s cruel trick key to Rugby League success - Hull star Fetuli Talanoa

No comments:

Post a Comment