Monday 7 July 2014

George North casts doubt on any future return to Welsh rugby



Comments (1)


GEORGE North has cast doubt on whether he will make a future return to Welsh rugby, asking: “Why would I?”


The Lions’ Test wing moved to Northampton Saints from the Scarlets amid a furious row back home about whether the game in Wales could have done more to keep him.


Now it seems that even if the long-running dispute between the regions and the Welsh Rugby Union is settled, the prospect of heading back to his home country has little appeal for the 22-year-old.


“It was well documented at the time that I wasn’t a fan of what was going on in Wales and I had options,” North told Rugby World.


“I chose Northampton because of their history of building squads and their standing as a family club. Their culture appealed to me.


“One of the reasons I moved was to win silverware at domestic level and that’s what you remember at end of your career. No player turns up just to play, they want to win. So it’s one of the best seasons of my life.”


He added: “I’m often asked whether I would come back to Wales. But looking at the current state of things, compared to the stability and environment I have at Northampton, I’d have to ask why would I?”



Article source: http://news.ie.msn.com/ireland/almost-50percent-of-irish-rugby-players-have-hidden-a-concussion-1


George North casts doubt on any future return to Welsh rugby

No comments:

Post a Comment