Wednesday 30 July 2014

Welsh rugby star Ian Gough found guilty of attacking Playboy model ex-girlfriend


When he arrived at 9.15pm she went to the car and tried to reach in to get the

child out, but she claimed he grabbed her and pushed her against the van.



Recounting her ordeal, she said: “I went out to collect my son. It was

raining so I went out to the van. I expected Ian to get out but he was on

his phone as if he was texting.



“I was standing there for a few seconds. There were no obvious signs he

was going to get out. It looked as if he was mocking me because I was

standing out in the rain.



“I opened the passenger door and Ian just stormed around the front of the

van.



“I was a little bit taken aback but I wanted to get [my son] out of his

car seat.”



The mother-of-two said Gough grabbed her shoulder and pushed her as she

reached towards her son.



She said: “He had the front of my shoulder and he just flung me back.”



She said Gough told her “Get away” as he attacked her.



“I staggered back”, she added.



“I said ‘No Ian, it’s fine I can get him. And then he got me by the

shoulder and flung me and I went into the side of the door.”



She said Gough took the child out and silently handed him to Miss Cahill

before driving off.



The Playboy model said she was “shocked and upset” and fled back to

her house in tears where her fiancé Mr Bowers, who she became engaged to

over Christmas, was waiting for her.



The former Another Level star sent an angry text to Gough which read: “Did

you just lay your f****** hands on Sophie (sic)?”



The singer told how he had seen the attack from the window of their home.



He said: “He grabbed Sophie (sic) and moved her away from the car. It was

forceful enough that I wondered…I couldn’t hear what was said.



“But in my eyes he had no reason or permission to grab her and move her

out of the way.”



Just a few days before the attack, Miss Cahill was involved in a car accident

and suffered whiplash which required hospital treatment.



And she told magistrates that Gough’s attack worsened her injuries.



But Gough insisted he could not attack Miss Cahill because he had a calf

injury and accused the model of swearing at him and attacking his car.



He said: “Sophie was still at the window and punched the window and was

shouting and swearing profusely at me and punching the wing mirror on the

side of the van which caved in.”



He added: “The last thing I could see as I was driving off was her

holding the baby in her left arm with her finger stuck up at me still

swearing.”



But Alec Williams, prosecuting, said Gough was lying and that he became “upset”

when his ex was taking charge of getting their son out of the van.



He said: “You were marking your territory and you wanted to do it your

way. If you genuinely believed that your ex-partner was out of control,

there was no way you would have handed over your child.”



Miss Cahill and Mr Bowers had got engaged over the Christmas period little

more than a week before.



Gough, of Swansea, south Wales, was found guilty of assault by beating at the

house in South Croydon, London.



Chairman of the bench Terry Carpenter ordered a probation report and adjourned

sentencing until August 26 at Croydon Magistrates’ Court.



Gough has made 64 appearances for the Wales rugby union team and currently

plays for Newport Dragons.


Article source: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8668450


Welsh rugby star Ian Gough found guilty of attacking Playboy model ex-girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment