Saturday 9 November 2013

Rugby Union: England hooker Dylan Hartley up for the cup



“This is about giving a good account of myself and contributing to a good team performance”


Dylan Hartley



“New Zealand is the big thing,” said Hartley. “If I want to start that game, then I have to make a good show of it against the Pumas.


“This is about giving a good account of myself and contributing to a good team performance.


“This is about me understanding the long games. I am 27 and have a few years left. Form comes and goes, so the message is to hang in there. I’m happy I’ve started the season well, I’m here now and I have my chance.”


It will be Hartley’s 49th cap and a successful couple of weeks could give him and his team-mates an advantage all the way to the World Cup.


“The good thing is across the board there is competition for places,” said attack coach Mike Catt.


“This is a key opportunity for people to put a marker down for that following week – and also going through to the future.”


Youngs’ younger brother, Lions scrum-half Ben, has a hip injury and has been replaced on the bench by Danny Care.


Full-back Mike Brown has challenged himself to get even better despite his man-of-the-match performance against Australia.


The Harlequins player believes there are still areas of his game he needs to improve.


He said: “I am always looking to improve and that’s the great thing about this environment, learning so much from the players around me.”


Article source: http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/former-scotland-rugby-international-on-rape-charge-1-3150028


Rugby Union: England hooker Dylan Hartley up for the cup

No comments:

Post a Comment