Thursday 28 November 2013

England"s Chris Ashton blames Stuart Lancaster"s strategies for being easy prey

While England, as a whole, made huge strides in the autumn Tests, culminating in a nail-biting defeat against New Zealand, Ashton continued to tumble backwards.


“It’s tough against the top teams to get time and space – creating space for the outside people is something we have to get better at – but we were happy with our autumn series,” said Ashton.


“I feel I’m playing as well as I have ever been. I don’t know if I’m getting as involved in attack as I used to but I’m doing exactly the same things I did in the past.”


And what a glorious past it was. When Ashton first came into the England side in 2010, it was like watching a game of whack-a-mole – he would pop up all over the back line.


But, over the past two years, he has been marooned on the wing. Ashton says head coach Lancaster wants his wings to wait for the chances to come to them, nullifying Ashton’s strength.


Article source: http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/match_preview/0,,11069_59379_1,00.html


England"s Chris Ashton blames Stuart Lancaster"s strategies for being easy prey

No comments:

Post a Comment