Friday 29 November 2013

England wing Chris Ashton credits Saracens for his improvement

Chris Ashton: Grateful to Saracens for support


Chris Ashton: Grateful to Saracens for support


England wing Chris Ashton believes he has improved as a player since joining current Aviva Premiership leaders Saracens.


The 26-year-old was dropped by England head coach Stuart Lancaster for the Six Nations earlier in the year and was then left out of the British Irish Lions’ summer tour to Australia.


Following injuries to Marland Yarde and Christian Wade, Ashton was back in action for England in the autumn internationals – and went on to snatch a try in the victory over Argentina.


Reflecting on coming through the tough times, the former Northampton star said: “If it isn’t sometimes going right for you, you’ve got to be able to do every little thing well. That’s what the best players are good at.


“Even if they’re not in a game they’re still doing the small things well, and getting those right, and that’s the bit I need to work on.


“Saracens as a team do that very well, and they have definitely helped me personally with that in the time I’ve been here.


“I kind of knew I was trying to force things during the Six Nations, not concentrating enough across the board.


“The sudden end to the season, Stuart Lancaster saying have a rest, that was when I realised.


“I was never anywhere near the Lions, and having to watch that, I think that was the point where I realised I had to improve points of my game. I feel a much better all-round player now.”


Sarries will be heavy favourites when they play host to Sale at Allianz Park on Saturday.



Article source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/10454094/Unsettled-England-centre-Kyle-Eastmond-not-returning-to-rugby-league-insist-Bath.html


England wing Chris Ashton credits Saracens for his improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment