Wednesday 6 November 2013

Neil Budworth retiring from international rugby league with Wales

Neil Budworth: Final appearance for Wales on Sunday


Neil Budworth: Final appearance for Wales on Sunday


Wales hooker Neil Budworth will retire from international rugby league after their final World Cup clash with the Cook Islands on Sunday.


Budworth, 31, is now plying his trade in Australia with the Moranbah Miners, and wants to spend more time with his partner.


He has been part of the Wales set-up since 2009 and has won 15 caps, helping them to win the European Cup in 2009 and 2010 along the way.


He said: “It’s really good to be back in Wales again. I’ve enjoyed coming back to play for Wales Rugby League over the last five years, it’s been the pinnacle of my career.


“But this is my last year with Wales Rugby League. I’m going to retire from the international game after this and spend a bit of time with my partner in Australia.


“I’ve made a lot of friends in the area over the years and I hope to see many of them on Sunday when Wales take on Cook Islands in Neath. It’ll be nice to see a big crowd there with a lot of familiar faces and hopefully I can leave with a win.”



Article source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/rugby-efficient-new-zealand-beat-combative-japan-tokyo-064620164--spt.html


Neil Budworth retiring from international rugby league with Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment