Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland tight-lipped over leaving Scarlets

Priestland: Undecided over future with Scarlets


Priestland: Undecided over future with Scarlets


Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland remains coy over his future with Scarlets ahead of the Six Nations.


Rumours suggest Priestland is one of a handful of players offered a central contract by the Welsh Rugby Union, but the 27-year-old pivot is keeping his cards close to his chest.


He said: “I would just like to see how things pan out. I find it difficult because I don’t know all the facts, all the details, so it’s hard to make a fully-informed decision.


“I have got the Six Nations to concentrate on, so I can take my mind off the situation. Hopefully, things can get sorted out and I can make an informed decision then.


“It does worry you what’s going to happen to me with my future. I am sure it’s not just me feeling that, but every other player.


“The sooner I can sort it out the better. I have spoken to Leigh, Alun and Sam, and they all feel a weight off their shoulders (after deciding their futures).


“For me, for the next couple of years, I think it would be better if I stayed in Wales, but nothing is set in stone yet.”


Welsh rugby has suffered several high-profile departures already and will lose British and Irish Lions Leigh Halfpenny and Jonathan Davies to the big-money lure of France in the summer.



Article source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/rugby-rpa-set-online-free-agent-list-123940260--spt.html


Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland tight-lipped over leaving Scarlets

No comments:

Post a Comment