Saturday 28 September 2013

Hull"s Gareth Ellis in England World Cup KO blow



“It’s been a very tough call to make as I was always very proud to represent England”


Gareth Ellis



Ellis, who will continue to play for Hull, said: “After picking up untimely knocks over the last couple of years, I feel it is time for me to focus on my club.


“It will allow me more time to rest up and recover before taking part in a full pre-season, something I haven’t done since 2002. I have been thinking about it for a long time. It’s been a very tough call to make as I was always very proud to represent England.


“I want to be able to play my part for the club week in and week out and I feel the best way for me to do that is to retire from international rugby.”


England coach Steve McNamara, who will announce his 24-man England squad next Tuesday, said: “We fully understand the reasons behind his decision.”


Article source: http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/23113.php


Hull"s Gareth Ellis in England World Cup KO blow

No comments:

Post a Comment